Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Scare-abens...

Somehow, toxic and cancer-causing chemicals are allowed in products we commonly use. Do not buy them, do not use them, and especially do not use them on your children (or yourself if you are expecting) any products containing the following ingredients.

Parabens (ex. methylparaben) ... these are often listed near the end of the ingredients list and are found commonly in moisturizers, shampoos, soaps, cosmetics..... the list goes on and on.
BPA ... has now been officially proven harmful and removed from baby bottles, yet is still prevalent in plastics, and many other sources. The full name is Bisphenol-A. Watch out, this one is bad.
Phthalates... again, nasty.
Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates. Just don't.

I heart Burt's Bees. They are the only products I deem safe enough for my daughter and myself (she is, after all, constantly in contact with my skin).

Oh, and your fragrance.... it is more likely than not that it is highly toxic to little one's tiny lungs. Lay off until you're apart.

The above is for those of you who trust me and take my word for it.... for those wanting to know more, here are some links to explore..


For original research, I used the SFU library. I encourage you to do the same.

What products do you like? What secret sources of 'bad-guys' have you discovered?



No comments:

Post a Comment